New in Town? A Warm Texas Welcome!
It can be tough to switch high schools mid-stream. A little intimidating. A little overwhelming. The Woodlands High School is a big place. But the TWHS Band Family will help make your transition easier! Band can provide an instant community and a sense of belonging to transfer students (and their parents).
WHERE TO BEGIN?
WHERE TO BEGIN?
- Get registered! Contact the TWHS Registrar as soon as possible, and set up an appointment to get registered for school and classes. Typically the Registrar's office is open until mid-June, and then again starting in early/mid-July. Be sure to read the Conroe ISD website carefully about required documentation, immunizations, etc. http://conroeisd.net
- You'll get your TWHS Student ID#. KEEP THIS HANDY. You will need your Student ID # in order to fill out any Band Forms and Agreements, Order Merchandise, and Pay Band Fees.
- Contact the Band Director when your move is definite to coordinate an audition (primarily for concert band placement). firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once you're registered for Band class, you'll be able to set up your account in Charms, our band management system where all private and personal information is kept. Through Charms, you'll be able to manage your account/contact information, download forms and music, and access the Band Calendar. You can find out more about Charms here.
- If you're transferring prior to July 4, you may be able to participate in 4th of July activities (rehearsal/parade).
- SUMMER BAND (required) traditionally starts the last week in July for student leaders, incoming freshmen, transfer students, percussion, and Guard. Summer Band ends the evening before the first day of school. Get your red 1-gallon Coleman water jug, some high-quality athletic shoes, sunscreen, hat, and cool summer clothing and get ready to be a part of the "hottest band in the land"! Detailed information will be distributed about Summer Band as the dates get closer. Rehearsals are usually 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. and then 4 p.m. - 9 p.m. for the first two weeks. On the 3rd week, rehearsals are usually 4 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Your participation in Summer Band will depend on your transfer/move date. If you won't be in town by the start of Summer Band, please contact the Band Director(s) to discuss your personal situation.