Welcome to High School Band!
We're so happy you're finally here! Welcome to TWHS Band - hopefully a big part of your/your student's high school adventure.
- May day is the first official Band event for the next school year. It is traditionally held on the 4th saturday of the month. All rising 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th grade students will meet together for the first time.
- Marching clinics by the TWHS Band directors and student leadership will be held after school during the week before May Day. Exact times and locations will be given out in the weeks leading up to it.
- Early in the summer, parents will be able to set up their child(ren)'s account in Charms, our band management system. Charms is where all the private band information lives (e.g. calendar, personal account info, forms, payment portals, etc.). Charms is where you download important forms, and set up your contact information (text/email).
- The Band participates in the 4th of July Parade in The Woodlands Market Street area. Watch for emails and Band App posts for more information. There will be at least one at school rehearsal the day prior to the parade.
- Summer Band traditionally starts the last week of July. Summer Band will last in various schedules until the day before school starts. Get your red 1 gallon coleman water jug, high quality athletic shoes, hat and cool summer clothing and get ready to be a part of the “hottest band in the land” Detailed information will be distributed about Summer Band as dates get closer.
- The first day of school traditionally they do not have rehearsal. After-school rehearsals will begin on the second day of school. Details will be sent out through charms, email and on the Band App.