Welcome to High School Band!
We're so happy you're finally here! Welcome to TWHS Band - hopefully a big part of your/your student's high school adventure.
- MAY DAY is the first official Band event on May 28, 2016. All rising 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th grade students will meet together for the first time as the 2016-2017 TWHS Band.
- Marching clinics given by TWHS Band directors and student leaders will be held at McCullough Junior High after school during the week of May 23.
- Early in the summer, parents will be able to set up their child(ren)'s account in Charms, our office management site. Charms is where all the private band information lives (e.g. calendar, personal account info, forms, payment portals, etc.). Charms is where you pay your band fees, download important forms, and set up your contact information (text/email).
- The Band participates in the 4th of July Parade in The Woodlands Market Street area on the morning of the 4th. Watch your emails and the RemindMe texts for more information. There will be at least one at-school rehearsal just prior to the 4th.
- SUMMER BAND (required) starts July 27 for student leaders, and July 28 for incoming freshmen, transfer students, percussion, and Guard. Summer Band ends the Friday evening before school starts. Get your red 1-gallon Coleman water jug, some high-quality athletic shoes, sunscreen, hat, and cool summer clothing and get ready to be a part of the "hottest band in the land"! Detailed information will be distributed about Summer Band as the dates get closer. Rehearsals are usually 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. and then 4 p.m. - 9 p.m. for the first two weeks. On the 3rd week, rehearsals are usually 4 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- The first day of school for 2016-2017 is Monday, August 22, 2016. After-school rehearsals will begin on Tuesday. Details will be available on Charms.